Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Vacation Time!!!


Yes, this is my second post today but yesterday was my last day on the job at BOK so today I'm taking easy and having a little fun! I don't start my new job until next Wednesday! WOO-HOO!


So today I took Scarlett, our 9 month old kitten, to the vet to have her front paws declawed. I was hoping we wouldn't have to do it but she's started to literally climb the walls. She jumped 3 feet high, grabbed onto a wall/room divider in our entry way, and slid down the wall. Not good. I was tempted to ask the vet to pull out her claws one by one and VERY slowly with no anesthesia but I didn't. I do love that cat but hate what she's doing to my home.


Anyway! The cat's at the vet, Kelly's at work, Kayla's at school, Jole's at daycare and I've been doing housework and running errands. I did take time to have lunch at Hideaway Pizza with my friend Mary. (Dad, if you're reading this, Hideaway is that pizza place that you love when you come down here.) So it's really been a nice day. Probably 80 degrees outside, sun is moving in and out from behind the clouds and guess what? We're under a tornado watch until 9:00. The way it feels outside I would bet money that someone is going to get hit with storms today - hopefully it won't be us.


No comments: