Friday, May 9, 2008

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday...what was yesterday - oh yeah! It was Thursday! :-)

So I'm taking Jole to daycare yesterday morning. It was a nice morning, warm, quiet, the sun was coming up and out of the blue Jole says "I want a different sister." He was straight-faced and very matter-of-fact about it. I, of course, was doing everything I could not to laugh! I asked, "why do you want a different sister?" The response was "because Kayla's mean to me!" The thing I found most interesting about this was that that very morning when I went to wake Jole up, where did I find him? Sleeping at the foot of his sister's bed! He can't fool me - he loves his sister! I guess he can't help it...he's a man in training.

Something exciting happened for Kayla yesterday - her solo dress arrived! Yes, it's here, all the way from Scotland! And it's absolutely beautiful. It fits her really well and the colors are amazing on her (orange and white). Hopefully she'll get to wear it for at least one dance at her recital next week. We're taking it to practice tomorrow so her teacher can see it and see how it fits. Kayla will be terribly disappointed if she doesn't get to dance in it at the recital so if you're reading this, please cross your fingers!


















Now for today...FRIDAY! Busy day at work - but who cares? I'm not going to talk about work! My last day is Monday and then a week off before starting my new job. I'll be busy while I'm off work but that's ok. Gotta get the cat declawed, meet a lady in OKC who needs some dance shoes, meet my bible study gals for dinner and drinks (yes, I said bible study and drinks in the same sentence), then Kayla's recital and somewhere in there I want to plant flowers and just work in the yard!

Driving home was crazy today - or I should say it was smooth sailing until I got close to Norman. I couldn't figure out why traffic was so backed up and then there it was, blaring out of my radio - OU COMMENCEMENT! UGH! Traffic will be horrible all weekend! I'll just stay away from campus.

Dinner club tomorrow night at Rick & Kristi's and it's Brazilian night! Never had food from Brazil but am excited to try it. Kayla will be dancing in Ponca City (we'll miss it) and Jole will be at home with our dear friend Donna - she's a kids best friend. She pretty much lets the kids do whatever they want and then when we come home the living room is a mess! Full of toys with Donna and the kid(s) sleeping on the floor. I love it! When we see that we KNOW our kids had a great time with Aunt Donna. :-)

Ok...enough. And if you're still reading this I should tell you that yes, Kelly's here, but he's in the other room watching all the political news of the day. We're still pulling for Obama! And Michelle, if you happen to read this: yes, I know I'm your LD friend. (liberal democrat)

And that's Life As We Know It! Nighty-Night Ya'll!
(told ya I'm turning into an okie)

m.b.

No comments: